12 January, 2006

Flashback

What a weird experience.

It's currently 5:11 a.m. local time, and I've spent a good chunk of the last 15 minutes crying. I woke up at 4:54, crying uncontrollably. I still had some memories of what I had been dreaming about, and the dream that I was having involved my wife and I meeting with my grandfather (Gigi) shortly before he died.

Wow, it's still here - typing 'Gigi' above caused me to start up again.

He was talking about something that he wished he did, however the thing he wished he did was one of those bizarre dream things (he regretted not having a chance to buy a couch he designed with a computer program). Somehow I was aware that I was having an in-the-past experience, and Gigi picked up on that and realized he was close to death.

It's been close to 3 years since Gigi died, and today isn't an anniversary of any kind (neither his birth nor his death are within 2 1/2 months of now)

Trivia for the day: Gigi is Ukranian for grandfather, and is pronounced just like if you named the letter G twice (e.g. GG).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home